Friday, September 13, 2013

What it means to be in "The Element"!

If you have the better part of an hour to spend listening to one of the most inspiring folks who speak on what we really need to be doing in education these days, take it to watch/listen to this video.  Sir Ken Robinson is one of the most visionary speakers I've heard recently.  With all the noise being made about standardization of education, "Back to Basics," all students be "on grade level" at a given time... I think it's important to listen to this kind of insight.

As a child, I was encouraged to "prepare for the day job" and never truly encouraged to find my own personal passion.  It wasn't until I was 40 years old that I figured out what I wanted to be when I grew up!  As a parent, I encouraged my girls to follow their heart and give it their best shot!  I ended up with two out of three of my daughters with Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees who may or may not find work in their field right away, but who feel truly happy that they honed their instrument, who are truly passionate about their crafts!  

Anyway, food for thought on this Friday the 13th!  Take a moment and learn from a truly inspiring great thinker!  The last 5 minutes alone are eye-opening!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment