Thursday, August 30, 2012

I feel like a butterfly...

This new schedule of flitting about from location to location will eventually become second nature to me, but for now, I feel like I'm meeting myself driving down the road!  Flexibility is my greatest asset as I grow accustomed to this new role.  But isn't that a life lesson for all things?  I find that rolling with the punches is much preferred to being stuck in a rut!

The Early College is already halfway through the first grading period.  Progress Reports are going home this week!  Most students who are checking out a school laptop have made all the arrangements and have checked them out.  There are a significant number of students who will be Day Users this year.  We are still working on a good solution for how that will roll, but so far, I think the process in place is going pretty well.

I have been a cataloging fool at Southwest Edgecombe High!  I'm glad that I'm having this opportunity to work with Destiny at an established location before I have to set up the system for the Early College.  I think that by the end of this week, we'll have all their machines added to their Destiny database and be ready to move them to the media center for checkout.

Meanwhile, back at Bridgers I'm gathering all sorts of other roles, as well!  We had ClassScape and Kamico training on Wednesday this week.  I was already pretty comfortable with how to maneuver in ClassScape, but Kamico is a whole new beast for me.  It's pretty straight-forward and will provide some great data for teachers to use in non-tested subjects and grades, as well as the tested areas.  I will be working closely with 3 elementary schools and a middle school in providing their training for these 2 products.  I've already scheduled one of the schools and am excited about getting out there and getting to know some additional staffs around the district.

Looking ahead to next week, I have introductory iPad training scheduled with the Early College.  I'm getting excited about that new program and should have lots to share as we roll it out together.

That's about it for now.  If you see me rolling down the road, move over!  I'm on a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment